Desert Wellness Center is proud to be a BioTe® Certified Practitioner, offering BioTE Medical Hormone Pellet Therapy — giving hormone imbalance treatment to women and men!
BioTE® is a safe and effective Bioidentical Hormone Replacement therapy with no harmful side effects. If you have any of the following symptoms, you may be a candidate for BioTE® hormone pellet therapy:
- Irritability, mood swings
- Extreme fatigue
- Difficulty sleeping
- Low sex drive
- Memory loss, mental fog, confusion
- Joint aches and pain
- Night sweats, hot flashes
BioTE® Medical Hormone Pellet Therapy has been shown in research studies to:
- Reduce the risk of diabetes
- Reduce risk of heart disease
- Prevent and/ or improve bone mineral loss (Osteoporosis)
- Prevent Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- Increase energy
- Increase lean muscle & bone mass
- Assist in the loss of belly fat
- Provide for a general sense of well being
The BioTE pellets are inserted just beneath the skin in the fatty tissue of the hip. Most women will need pellets every 3-4 months; men will typically need them every 4-5 months. The advantage of hormone pellet therapy over other methods is that the pure hormone is not metabolized into by-products by going through the liver, stomach or skin. This delivery system allows your body to use the right amount of hormone, as the blood flow surrounding the pellets pick up what is needed.
Typically, the hormone pellet therapy begins working within 24-72 hours. Optimal effect occurs three weeks after insertion.
Ready to learn more? Contact our office: (480) 361-5188 for a consultation.