See answers to some of our most frequently asked questions!
Learn more about our physicians
Schedule your appointment today!
Naturopathic physicians are licensed primary care providers in Arizona. This is awarded after attending a 4 year accredited medical school and completing 2 rounds of board exams. The scope of practice includes nutrition, botanical (herbal) medicine, injection therapy, homeopathy, acupuncture and prescription medication when needed.
Although our training in basic sciences is essentially the same as a traditional medical practitioner, the philosophy and treatment are often quite different. Rather than using suppressive therapy, we focus on holistic, proactive prevention and comprehensive treatment. This is because Naturopathic physicians are founded in the following 6 guiding principles:
- First of all, to do no harm
- Cooperate with the healing power of nature
- Address the fundamental causes of disease
- Heal the whole person through individualized treatment
- To teach the principles of healthy living
- Practice preventive medicine
Naturopathic physicians combine the ancient wisdom of nature with the rigors of modern science. With roots in traditional healing methods, principles and practices, naturopathic medicine focuses on holistic, proactive prevention and comprehensive diagnosis and treatment. By using protocols that minimize the risk of side effects, Naturopathic physicians help facilitate the body’s inherent ability to restore and maintain optimal health. It is the Naturopathic physician’s role to identify and remove barriers to good health by helping to create a healing internal and external environment.
Our training is in Primary Care, and this is truly where we excel – Naturopathic medicine should be a “first-line of defense” before harsh chemicals and drugs are used. The old adage “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” is especially true when it comes to your healthcare. Naturopathic medicine is also the gold standard for chronic conditions, especially those that do not respond to conventional therapy. We are trained to offer safe and effective treatments in conjunction with or instead of pharmaceutical medications or surgery.
Yes, we work with a number of different specialty labs, to provide the most accurate analysis for our patients. Some of the labs we use are listed below
- Food Allergy Testing
- Comprehensive Hormone Testing
- Adrenal Testing
- Heavy Metal Testing
- Neurotransmitter Testing
We also can order a full complement of conventional testing
- Blood Sugar or Cholesterol Levels
- Thyroid Testing
- Metabolic Panels
- Hepatitis/HIV screening
- Anemia testing
- Diabetes monitoring
- Pregnancy Testing
- And many more…
If you would like Naturopathic primary care:
- The first visit will entail a comprehensive interview/physical which takes about an hour. We’ll discuss your current symptoms, your health history, what your goals are, and different lifestyle factors that may be contributing. We’ll do a head-to-toe physical exam, and then discuss a treatment plan together. We may order labwork, prescribe supplements or medications, give you a diet plan to follow, etc.
- Yes, we do accept HSA and FSA account payments!
- We recommend that you call your insurance carrier and ask what their re-imbursement rates are for out-of-network providers before scheduling your appointments. Desert Wellness Center does not accept insurance, but can give you all the necessary codes and information so that you can submit the claim to your insurance company. In our experience, most patients will have labwork covered, and a percentage of consultation fees are reimbursed.
- By charging cash at the time of service, the physicians at Desert Wellness Center are able to spend more quality time with their patients, and can actually keep the rates lower. It also allows treatment plans to be discussed and decided upon by the doctor and the patient – insurance companies do not influence our decisions in regard to your healthcare.
Absolutely! Our general office visit cost is below – click the button to see all associated costs.
- New Patient Visit $295 ($100 deposit required to secure appointment)
- 15 minutes: $50
- 30 minutes: $85
- 45 minutes: $120
- 60 minutes: $185