BioTE® is a safe and effective Bioidentical Hormone Replacement therapy inserted just beneath the skin in the fatty tissue of the hip. The advantage of hormone pellet therapy over other methods is that the pure hormone is not metabolized into by-products by going through the liver, stomach or skin. This delivery system allows your body to use the right amount of hormone, as the blood flow surrounding the pellets pick up what is needed.
What Can I Expect?
Most women will need pellets every 3 to 4 months; men will typically need them every 4 to 5 months. Studies have shown that the hormone pellet therapy begins working within 24 to 72 hours. Optimal effect occurs 3 weeks after insertion.
If you have any of the following symptoms, you may be a candidate for BioTE® hormone pellet therapy:
- Extreme fatigue
- Difficulty sleeping
- Low sex drive
- Memory loss, mental fog, confusion
- Joint aches and pain
- Night sweats, hot flashes
BioTE® Medical Hormone Pellet Therapy has been shown in research studies to:
- Reduce the risk of diabetes
- Reduce risk of heart disease
- Prevent and/or improve bone mineral loss (Osteoporosis)
- Prevent Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- Increase energy
- Increase lean muscle and bone mass
- Assist in the loss of belly fat
- Provide for a general sense of well being