For privacy reasons YouTube needs your permission to be loaded.I Accept
Low testosterone is a condition in which the body’s production of the hormone testosterone dramatically slows. In men, testosterone typically decreases with age. When it decreases more than it should, it is called low testosterone, or Low T, and can cause a wide range of symptoms.
Symptoms of Low Testosterone
- Lowered sex drive
- Erectile dysfunction
- Low semen volume
- Thinning hair or balding
- Feeling tired, lacking energy
- Loss of muscle mass
- Increase of body fat, including enlarged breasts (“gynecomastia”)
- Decrease in bone mass, which can lead to a higher risk of broken bones
- Depression, irritability, inability to focus
Tips for Boosting Testosterone
- Get plenty of sleep. Studies have shown that lack of sleep can reduce testosterone levels.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Middle-aged men who are overweight and considered pre-diabetic are more likely to have lower testosterone levels.
- Eat less sugar. Avoid sweets! Sugar consumption can cause levels of testosterone to decrease by as much as 25%.
- Increase your zinc intake. This mineral plays an important role in regulating testosterone. Try a zinc supplement or eat foods rich in zinc, including oysters, poultry, beans, nuts and whole grains.
Treatment Options for Low Testosterone
The Naturopathic physicians at Desert Wellness Center are well-versed in using safe, effective, natural treatments for low testosterone. We will work with you to create a customized treatment plan that might include: